PhysX Particles Simulation - Here Once Again

/
0 Comments
So I finally got to work again in the particles simulation, and I made some advances. Mainly, fixing the displacement of the particles and adding a "pseudo z culling" step. Actually, what I'm doing is compare the distance of the sample to the camera with the distance of the scene to the camera, and only add the sample to the final color if the distance is smaller.
Oh, I forgot. I also optimized part of the voxel update code, so I'm now using 80.000 particles at 90 - 110 fps. Quite nice!
There are things to do though. First of all, add some shading, maybe even shadows. I have other thing in mind, that I mentioned earlier, regarding compression of the voxels ( particles are sparse after all right? ) but it still needs some more work.
For now, here are some screens:







You may also like

No comments:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.