Approximate Hybrid Raytracing

/
0 Comments
Global Illumination is the thing of the moment. Rendering it at real time is a really complex problem, so a lot of techniques have surfaced lately, mainly influenced by the amount of raw power and programability of current gen GPUs, and the new generation of consoles.
Therefore, I took my take at that problem.
I got inspired in my technique after looking at the Sparse Voxel Octree Global Illumination a couple years back. I can't comment a lot right now because I applied to present it at the Real Time Live! conference, that is a part of the SIGGRAPH.

Below is a video of a baseline implementation of the algorithm. The demo actually runs more fluent, but Camtasia seems to make a significant impact on the framerate.




You may also like

No comments:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.